Chain Wear Check Tool, Chain Hook Tool, and Chainring Nut Wrench
- Precision laser cut design accurately measures 0.5% and 0.75% chain wear.
- Three point chain wear tool design properly isolates pin wear from roller wear.
- Chain hook tool and chainring nut wrench add functional versatility and value.
- Chain wear tool approved by SRAM® for use on EAGLE® 12-speed chains.
How to use:
- Position the Chain Checker just above the chain and hold in place with one hand.
- Use your free hand to push the chain up onto the Chain Checker at position 1 so that a roller is cupped by the curved protrusion. Hold in place.
- Push the chain firmly onto the Chain Checker at position 2 to create tension in the chain between between the rollers at positions 1 and 2. Continue applying pressure on the chain upward at position 2 and release your hand from position 1.
- Finally, while keeping pressure at position 2, push the chain onto the Chain Checker at position 3. If the chain is worn more than 0.75%, the protrusion at position 3 will go through the chain past the roller. If you cannot push the protrusion through the chain at position 3, then the chain is worn less than 0.75% and is still OK to use.